Monday 5 December 2011

Independent Experimentation

Fire Beam


First of all I created a large document because  the more pixels the better in this case. I started by creating a document 2500 x 3500. I then filled the background with black.


Then I used the selection tool to create a rectangle on a new layer and used Gaussian blue to give it a glow effect.


The by using the smudge tool and a chalk brush, I smoothed out the edges to created a beam effect.


Then I duplicated the layer and used the same process but using a stronger brush. I then made the layer opaque, taking the opacity don to around 30%.



Next I made some light beam streams coming off the main beam. To do this I created a new layer and then used the elliptic selection tool to create a stretched oval.


I then used the, filter, shear tool to make the oval bend and stretch. After that I duplicated the layer and made the copied layer have a blur effect. Giving the light stream a glow. I then merged the layer. 


After making more light streams by repeating the process I had this image.


I decided to make more light beams by duplicating and transforming the already existing ones.


I then decided to change the main light beam by stretching it because it did not like how it looked. i then stretched the light streams as well.


Then I made some bubbles coming off of the light streams. To do this I created a new brush and used the scattering option to get this effect. I also used a WACOM tablet so that I could use the shape dynamics tool as well. Then by duplicating the layer of the bubbles I used a blur effect to make them glow.


I then improved the light beam so it would stand out more and merged all of the layers.



Then by using the colour balance tool I created this fire effect.


Then by using the clone stamp tool and a splatter brush I made it look even more fire like by making splashes of fire around the light beam.

This is the final image.


This is an alternative fire beam using the same techniques and processes.


Using the same process I created these light beams in the images below.


Gerrard May


Jared Letto


Raven : Tekkan 6


No comments:

Post a Comment